Reading ...
is one of life's great pleasures. Growing up in my small Ohio hometown, I read a lot. Miss Olson was our Children's Librarian. I adored her & lucky me, she was a fan of mine too.
Yes, she had the bun at the nape of her neck & wore a finger cot. This was in the 50s & 60s & yes, Librarians had different equipment, date-due cards that actually went into the books to remind us when our books were expected back & there was no on-line, log in to your account way to renew a book. I keep a journal of what I have read & hear while driving. Someday I'll have an iPod for travel & can listen then too. While I average 30 books a year, that pales next to some of you who write of your book tallies, thinking specifically of Lanea & Purlewe who write of cool new books that entice me.
We have fewer shelves than we have books & Sweet J has more of her books to retrieve from storage. I am continuing to read from my stash - an ah-ha moment (d'oh!) that I have a book stash - & recently in a burst of housecleaning/neatening/making life more fun, I placed more interesting books on the book shelf next to my side of the bed. There are lots of nonfiction ones & the next one will be THE ORCHID THIEF by Susan Orlean. Always wanted to read it & since I just finished JUSTICE HALL by Laurie R. King (great, engrossing read), I have the next book.
On the knitting scene, I am in a "let's start a new project & then another & then ..." mood. A new cowl is on the needles & it may be for our friend & colleague, C. I am glad to have knitting in my life. All these new projects excite me!
No comments:
Post a Comment