Brrr. Winter is making her presence felt w/ authority - it is very very cold today. Toward the end of the last business week, we had balmy temps in the high 50s & low 60s. Dig out your warmest gloves, scarves & socks, kids - we need them.
Don't you love knitting a large, wool & thus warm project in the depths of a cold day? Me too. The "large lap robe" from the bulky merino from Spirit Trail is a joy to knit 1) anytime at all & 2) especially when it can keep me warm at the same time. Jennifer, the yarn is so sweet & I know my friend will love it.
The Knitting Pure & Simple V-neck sweater is also a joy to knit. One sleeve is this close to completion - I am on the very last row or two of the ribbed cuff! Wa hoo. The body is 3/4 done. After I complete the left sleeve, I shall finish the body before I begin the right sleeve. My knitting pals who have seen this project have liked the color of the yarn (a pale blue grey w/the emphasis on the blue) & the look of it (there are little tweedy flecks of a navy-ish blue & white). The yarn is easy on the hands.
My other projects seem to be languishing as I try to complete these two.
Last Saturday was a very special day - I spent a goodly chunk of it w/ Rose By Any & Purlewe. We met at a store midday between where we all live. These two women are sweethearts, smart, funny, tho'tful, loving & creative. How lucky am I to have them in my life!
As I will have some down time over the next couple of weeks, I have made a big to-do list.
~~~Are you a list maker? It seems to be the best way for me to organize myself & to offer me the best odds of completing what needs to be done.~~~
Here are some of my goals:
<< Resting & relaxing!
<< Knitting, knitting, knitting - what else is new ^..^ I have two socks on the needles from two different yarns & hope to complete them. I can add to the SOCKS total from Rose By Any's campaign. Scope out the sidebar for her button for this.
<< Quilting & sewing - I have two quilts that are tops on the list. Both are totally cut out - all there is to do is sew! There are a number of other projects I hope to tackle - making pillow cases, treasure sacks for kids, catnip bags.
<< Taxes - yep, it does seem early to do them. However when I know the "state" of them, I feel that I can get a handle on my stress level. Grrr, taxes.
<< The continuation of my "clean up & clean out" stuff that we have here in the house. I have made excellent progress over the last few months - that feels very good!
4 comments:
Wow - sounds like a great weekend.
Love you- and keep warm!
it was a delight to see you this weekend m'lady. I love your list. It makes me feel like you have such an exciting tapestry. each section is somethign different that make the whole of YOU!
the cold weather though has made me sleepy. All I want to do is crawl under the covers...
I can already see you multi-tasking and trying to clean the house and making Good Use Of Your Time.
Martha - honey - try to spend at least half of each day doing NOTHING but rest. It ain't easy but it's possible. Try please, because that would really be the most efficient use of your time. (Heh heh - takes a Virgo to know a virgo.
Shelia,
Will do my best to stay warm!
Purlewe,
Glad you liked the list. So cool to have had some time w/you.
Bess,
Yes, we Virgos are worker bees & I will do my best to rest as well.
XOXO to you three.
Post a Comment