Monday, September 12, 2005

Hey folks, I'm back ^..^ Sorry to be so quiet for a while.
My job keeps me hoppin' up until Labor Day & sometimes even through later September as well. Luckily for my sanity, spiritual health & my much needed sleep time, I chilled for a few days.
Ahhhh, it felt splendid - still feeling splendid, I must say.
My city is enduring a long period w/out rain - maybe on Wednesday, a fellow neighbor who gardens told me that we'll have some rain. That would be ever so nice.
As I sit writing this - at this very moment - a part of the garden is being watered via a sprinkler. Yes, I know - watering via soaker hoses &/or a handheld hose is more efficient. And I have meant to place soaker hoses for oh-so-many years that I would embarrass myself should I write that number here for all to see.
We have such a mosquito problem in this area that even a walk to the compost bin brings bites on the arms & legs.
Thus I am here at the computer as the sprinkler is trying to revive the plants & I'll head out in a moment to change the position of the sprinkler.
There will be a lot to do this fall, garden-wise. Plants to divide & pass along to other garden pals, plants to divide & add to my garden, plants to pull out altogether (phlox for one) or cut down (the many sunflowers who have nothing left in the seed heads as the gold finches have munched all they could & the plants are now falling over), plants to deadhead w/the idea that they may give off a couple of more blooms.
As you can tell, the garden is important in this house!
More fiber & knitting content soon - promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my garden too. I'm looking at it as we speak. The cardinal family is in the callicarpa and the roses are beginning to bloom for fall. It's still hot though. Thanks for sharing thoughts about your.