KarenB recently wrote an interesting thread on the Knitter's Review Forum about WIPS & UFOs - when does the former become the latter? The tho't of what I had in my knitting bags along w/her post nudged me to scope out what had been waiting for me in "the bags. "
Do you have projects in bags? I do & it seemed that I had a lot of them. It seems too that I have accumulated a goodly number of cotton bags - some w/designs or logos, some w/a business name on them, some plain. They have been my method of organization as well as transport for my projects.
It was a good thing to review what was in them: a couple of class projects from my fav LYS, the Tangled Web, the yarns & needles for some projects I hope to do, socks in progress, scarves I hope to do for holiday gifts. I have a few projects in the works that I have been seriously knitting - a Constant Companion bag from the KNITTER'S STASH, a shawl from the beautiful yarns of Spirit Trail Fiberworks, socks, a scarf, mittens.
The summer heat does not affect me w/smaller projects - the bigger ones are another story!
4 comments:
o! I've been planning my own walk of shame.. I want to lay out my 1/2 completed projects and photograph them so that I'm shamed into completing them. and then photograph some of the yarn I want to have next on the list.. haha. 2 walks of shame!
I hear you about big projects in the summer. I've barely touched any knitting this past week. and I doubt I will do any for another week or 2.
Bags, you say! Oy, do I have bags! I had this (idiotic) notion that I would keep a project in each bag and then arrange to hang the bags, in a decorative fashion, on a blank wall beside a staircase. So many of my bags are little works of art (someone else's, not mine), acquired at craft shows and such. Yeah, well, I got projects, I got bags, and they are accumulating in a Great Wall of Yarn around my rocker that will soon be visible in outer space. The best intentions . . .
I was looking for a KR Retreat update and discovered that you're blogging now! Yay! :-) I think I'm destined to be the only non-blogger at the retreat someday!
Purlewe,
A walk of shame - or two - who's counting?! Sounds like a photo would provide you w/evidence of your creativity & ab fab knitting!
Kendra,
Love the image of the Great Wall of Yarn. Maybe your bags & my bags will show up on the radar maps of our homes too. Yikes. Will try to email you soon - you have been on my mind!
L-B,
Lovely to hear your virtual voice. I would love to see your beautiful knitting more than once a year at the Retreats! Hope you are doing well.
Post a Comment