Friday, March 10, 2006

Record breaking temps
Here in Philly, we broke a record - it hit 76 degrees today - good grief, Charlie Brown. It is March 10th - what is going on? As that old margarine commercial said, it's not nice to fool Mother Nature.
The day lilies are up, the tulips are up, crocuses abound, the iris leaves are getting greener by the second. What's wrong w/this picture? Where's Waldo?
Knitting progress - I am close to finishing the 2nd skein of yarn for the Feather & Fan scarf. Then, ta da, it's the 3rd & final skein of yarn. Wa hoo.
This is especially timely as this coming week, I start a Knit-along at my fav LYS, the Tangled Web. The Knit-along will be for the pattern by Two Old Bags, the Double Handle Project Bag. I will be using Cascade 220 from the stash.
Yes, I am already working on a bag which will be felted. And yes, I know, my UFO list continues to grow like the day lilies & the iris leaves - too quickly & too soon.
However ... the Knit-alongs happen when they happen & I am enough of a group knitter to love them: I like to see the yarn people use & the I am able to see what they achieve. Everyone in the room has the goal to make this bag. It's enlightening to me to see how we do & it's in a good way too.
Is that the quilter in me? The one who has taken classes & been a part of a quilt group for many years? I don't know - maybe it's the social part of me.
Happy week-end to you. Hope you have fun w/ those you love or like & that your knitting or spinning progress is satisfying.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

You're in Philly? I was out in Clifton Heights and then Media for several years, way back when. Can't believe it's in the 70s there in March!

L. said...

Sounds like you're in for some good knitting fun with your knit-a-long! :) I can't wait to see pictures of your projects when you finish.

Marfa's Mewsings said...

Kathy,
You're thinking like me - I can't believe it's in the 70s either!!!
Thanks for letting me know you were in the Philly area many moons ago.
Warm regards.

Marfa's Mewsings said...

Laura,
Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Wish I had a digital camera so you could see photos of what I am working on - someday I hope to have one!
XOXO

Marfa's Mewsings said...

Hey Mac.
Yeah, I know that the weather is awesome - it's also a bit worrisome when one thinks about what the weather "should" be ^..^
Hope to see you at Purlewe's house & fiber nite sometime soon.
Regards.